MFT JUNE MAGNOLIA BLOSSOMS CARD KIT COUNTDOWN DAY 1

 Hello Craft Friends!!

Welcome back to my blog!! The Magnolia Blossoms Card Kit from MFT will be available tomorrow.
!! There are only 24 hours left !!

Today, I have the other One-layer card sharing with you and I'm trying new techniques and materials.
Let's Start!!



To start, I have a little bit different as always, I colored the dark blue background with ShinHan Professional Gouache ( Made in Korea ) onto MFT - Ken Oliver Watercolor Paper ( It is included in the Magnolia Blossoms Card Kit ). Once it dry, I stamped the image used White Pigment Ink directly on the background and colored them with gouache.

** Tips for the Ken Oliver Watercolor Paper - 2 sided ( Smooth side for stamping and coloring. Textured side for painting and background ←← for sure I'm not the expert, information is from the internet ) Of course, you can decided which side is good for your project. ^^



May be you have already know that, but for someone who's confess between watercolor and gouache. I have a little tips share with you. The gouache is more opaque than watercolor. Whereas when a layer of gouache is applied, the paper will not show through nearly as much. Despite these differing properties, watercolor and gouache are nearly identical in makeup. Both paints consist of pigment and water soluble binder, which allows the paint to be altered even after it dries with the addition of water. The opacity of gouache comes from the white pigment or chalk that is added along with the colored pigment and binder in order to make it less transparent. 
And the other characteristics of gouache is dries very quickly, allows the painter to easily create large solid blocks of color, and can be used to depict minute details.




Once the image dry, I then splattered some white gouache for added interest. To finish, I heat embossed the sentiment included in the stamp set onto MFT- Smooth White Card Stock with foam tape as show.

That's it for today. Hope you enjoyed my card!!







Head on over to the MFT Blog for the full reveal of the Card Kit and for more inspiration form the other DT members.
I will be back with the last project tomorrow at 10:00am EDT to celebrate the Card Kit release. See you tomorrow:)

Thank you so much for stopping by!!





⬧--- SUPPLIES ---⬧

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alex Syberia Designs "Thank You For Being My Friend" February Release Blog Hop and Giveaway

Waffle Flower August Release Blog Hop and Giveaways

SPECIAL DELIVERY - SEPTEMBER 2021 MFT & FRIENDS